© August Home Publishing Company
All Rights Reserved
The copyright on this entire web site is held by August Home Publishing Company (“August Home”). All material provided on the web site is protected under United States copyright laws and international copyright laws and treaty provisions. Except as expressly provided herein, none of the material provided on the web site may be copied, distributed, republished, reproduced, downloaded, displayed or transmitted in any form for commercial use without prior written permission of August Home. Individual visitors of the web site are permitted personal, non-commercial use, provided that they do not modify the materials and that the materials retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained in the materials. The permission terminates automatically if you breach any of the terms and conditions contained in this notice. August Home does not grant any express or implied right to you under any patents, trademarks, copyrights, or trade secret laws.
The trademarks, logos, and service marks (collectively referred to as “Trademarks”) displayed on this web site are registered and unregistered Trademarks of August Home and no trademark license either express or implied is granted by August Home. You do not have any right to use the trademarks displayed on this web site without prior written permission of August Home. Trademarks are one of our most valuable assets. In the event of unauthorized use or misuse of its trademarks, August Home will pursue its legal remedies without delay.
Electronic Information Submitted to the Web Site
Any communication or material other than your personal information submitted to the web site by electronic mail is the exclusive property of August Home and is considered to be non-confidential and non-proprietary. Such communication may include without limitation questions, comments, suggestions, and ideas. August Home shall be free to use them for any purpose whatsoever without restriction or compensation.
August Home Publishing Company and its affiliated organizations respect the intellectual property of others, and we ask our content partners and those posting to this site to do the same. If you believe that your copyrighted work has been copied and is accessible on this site in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, you may notify us by providing our copyright agent with sufficient information to allow us to locate the material, including the following information:
- The electronic or physical signature of the owner of the copyright or the person authorized to act on the owner’s behalf.
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed and a description of the infringing activity.
- Identification of the location where the original or an authorized copy of the copyrighted work exists, for example the URL of the web site where it is posted or the name of the book in which it has been published.
- Identification of the URL or other specific location on this site where the material that you claim is infringing is located.
- Your name, address, telephone number, and email address.
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement by you, that the above information you provide us is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on the behalf of the copyright owner.
Our agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement on this site can be reached as follows:
Amy D. Plummer
Dickinson, Mackaman, Tyler & Hagen, P.C.
699 Walnut Street, Suite 1600
Des Moines, Iowa 50309
Telephone: (515) 244-2600
Fax: (515) 246-4550
The web site provides users with opportunities to access public areas, including forums and other online communities. By posting comments or using any public area on the web site, you agree that you are solely responsible for your own communications, the consequences of posting such communications, and your reliance on any such communications found in the public areas. August Home assumes no responsibility for the consequences of any communications in the public areas.
- Using a public area for any purpose in violation of local, state, national or international law;
- Posting any material in a public area that infringes the intellectual property rights of others or the privacy or publicity rights of others;
- Posting any material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, slanderous, hateful or embarrassing to any other person or entity as determined by August Home in its sole discretion;
- Posting advertisements or solicitations of business;
- Upon receiving a warning, continuing to disrupt the normal flow of dialogue or posting comments that are not related to the topic being discussed;
- Posting chain letters or pyramid schemes;
- Impersonating another person;
- Distributing viruses or other harmful computer code;
- Harvesting or otherwise collecting information about others, including e-mail addresses, without their identification for posting or viewing comments;
- Allowing any other person or entity to use your identification for posting or viewing comments;
- Posting the same note more than once or "spamming"; or
- Engaging in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the public areas or the web site, or which in the judgment of August Home exposes August Home, its affiliates or licensors to any liability or detriment of any type.
August Home reserves the right to take any action it deems necessary to protect the personal safety of its users or the public. August Home has no liability or responsibility to users of the web site or any other person or entity for performance or non-performance of the aforementioned activities.
THE INFORMATION IN THIS WEB SITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. AUGUST HOME SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ERRORS, OMISSIONS, OR TECHNICAL INACCURACIES IN THIS WEB SITE.
August Home is constantly improving its products and services and reserves the right to make such improvements or changes to this web site, the materials, products, services, or prices posted in this web site without prior notice as it deems necessary.
As a convenience to you, August Home provides links to web sites operated by others. August Home makes no representations about other web sites accessed from this web site which are not maintained, controlled or created by August Home and does not endorse any linked web sites or the information appearing on those web sites. Links do not imply that August Home endorses, is affiliated with, or associated with such linked web sites.
Contacting this Web Site
Users can email:
Users can send mail to the following postal address:
August Home Publishing Company
2200 Grand Avenue
Des Moines, IA 50312