At August Home Publishing Company, we believe the strength of our organization lies within the skill and talent of our employees.
August Home Publishing is always looking for talented individuals to join our company. We search for candidates with advanced knowledge and experience in one of our content areas: woodworking, home improvement, gardening, and cooking. If you are a spirited and enthusiastic chef, gardener, DIY’er, or woodworker, and think you’d enjoy working for one of our magazines, we want to hear from you. While writing experience is important, we will consider candidates who do not have a writing background for editorial positions.
Current Openings at August Home Publishing Company
The Woodsmith Store has an immediate opening for part-time Paint Specialists. These candidates will be responsible for assisting customers with color choices, sales, mixing paint, and stocking and displaying merchandise. The ideal candidate will have previous retail experience in a paint department or store, will have a flexible schedule and be able to work some weekends. Exceptional customer service skills are a must. Cashier experience helpful. The store hours are Monday – Friday 9:00 – 7:00, Saturday 9:00 – 5:00, and Sunday 11:00 – 4:00.
To apply, fill out an application at the Woodsmith Store, 10320 Hickman Road in Clive or apply online.
Do you love digging in the soil and digging into a story to share helpful advice with other gardeners? When you visit gardens, do you know every plants name – both common and botanical? You may be the perfect addition to Garden Gate’s editorial team!
At Garden Gate, you’d:
• Propose, research and write about interesting garden topics in easy-to-access formats
• Edit your own work and your peers’ work
• Work with our creative design staff to secure art and photography
• Travel to gardens and cities to coordinate photo shoots a few times a year
The ideal candidate has these passions and talents:
• The ability to work on many different projects and platforms at the same time with minimal supervision
• A skill for clearly and enthusiastically pitching an idea, then working with different departments to turn that idea into a well-thought-out and well-planned story
• Previous garden magazine experience
• A strong background in gardening (Landscape design training and experience a plus)
• A degree in horticulture and/or journalism
• Experience translating print content to digital media
• InDesign skills
The salary and title for this position will be based on a candidate’s experience and skills.
Send a cover letter and resume to August Home Publishing Human Resources, 2200 Grand Avenue, Des Moines IA 50312 or apply online.
To apply, send a cover letter and resumé to August Home Publishing c/o Human Resources, 2200 Grand Avenue, Des Moines IA 50312, or apply online.
All positions are located in Des Moines, Iowa.
August Home Publishing is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Pursuant to the Iowa Smokefree Air Act, August Home Publishing is a smokefree environment. For more information call 1-888-944-2247 or www.IowaSmokefreeAir.gov.
August Home Publishing complies with the Family and Medical Leave Act.
Click this link to understand your rights and responsibilities.